IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SweetFX and YggRO2 - twice the awesomeness!
Rynaria
post Mar 29 2013, 12:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,421

Have you ever thought that RO2 was looking fairly pretty, but something was missing? Specifically some decent antialiasing? Do not fret, as the solution to your troubles is at hand!

Maybe you've heard about shader injectors before. Basically it lays effects upon the game screen without modifying any game or system files. There's various reasons one would use such an injector. One is to add AA to games that don't offer that option natively, another is to get a close or similar AA to the one built into the game, but at a lesser resource cost. AA is not the only thing it can add though, there's various settings for color tones and other post processing effects that can spice up your gaming experience. Such injectors work with a wide range of 3D games, as long as your video card supports shader model 3 and the game you're running is in 32 bit (64 bit is being worked on).

Haha, now I may sound like I'm totally advertising here, my apologies. I'm not even sure why I didn't think about this sooner, as the lack of AA has always bothered me in RO2, which I find very pretty looking otherwise. If you want to try and see by yourself, here's how:

Visit http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/sweetf...e_download.html and download the latest version of the injector, which is 1.4. All you have to do it unpack the contents of the archive and place them into the System folder within the YggRO2 main directory (like ...\YggRO2\System\). You can disable and reenable the effect by pressing scroll lock at the upper right on your keyboard in-game. The options within SweetFX_settings.txt are very well explained and of course you can fiddle with them as you like. I'm pretty happy with the default settings already, because all I wanted was AA really. Now YggRO2 looks even prettier and shinier than before, so if that's not awesome nothing is!

Hopefully I was able to improve your gaming experience, of course if this is somehow not allowed I apologize and it can be deleted. But since it doesn't modify any files I thought it should be fine. And it's pretty useful for games other than RO2, which is another plus. I've made good experiences with SweetFX in Guild Wars 2 and Torchlight II for example.

But now go go, happy gaming everyone~! ^-^

EDIT: Oh right, and here's a screenie so you can see how it looks without the silly edges all over the place! Keep in mind that it looks better when actually playing, image compression and all.

This post has been edited by Rynaria: Mar 29 2013, 02:26 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fooby
post Mar 29 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #2

YggRO2's Administrator

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 1

Just and FYI, you can force AA to be on in RO2 via Nvidia's control panel, though it can make loading a bit odd or force the FXAA which works just fine. AMD (Catalyst Control Center) should still have a similar option. Your program works but really does very little much like the EMB mod

--------------------
The Dempsy Roll, what Windfury really is! ------------------ Frakin Toaster, I knew it!

Trapped in a box by a cockney nut job. Have a cup of tea, have a cup of tea. I'm the hitcher, let me put you in the picture

+Quote Post
Rynaria
post Mar 29 2013, 03:12 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,421

I know I can force AA, but this is simple and pretty. That's all I wanted to offer to those who, like me, simply missed a decent AA in this game. And that's exactly what SweetFX does without having to do anything really. *nods*

Cheer up~!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2017 - 05:48 PM
Design by: Skins for IPB & eBiz Talk